Customize Your Home Comfort
Zone control systems let you fix temperature imbalances in your home. You may have rooms that get more sunlight than others or live in a two or three story home. With a zone control system, you can enjoy
- Better comfort
- Greater energy efficiency
- Cleaner, healthier air
Instead of treating the entire building as a single unit, a zone control system divides the building into separate zones, each with its own thermostat and dampers. This allows homeowners to set different temperatures and airflow for different areas of the home.
Call Capital today at (414) 662-0950
How Do Zone Control Systems Work
A zone control system typically consists of several components, including:
- Thermostats: Each zone has its own thermostat, which allows you to set the temperature for that specific zone.
- Dampers: Dampers are valves installed in the ductwork that control the flow of air to each zone. They open or close based on your temperature settings in each zone.
- Control panel: The control panel is the central hub of the zone control system. It receives signals from the thermostats and dampers and sends commands to the HVAC system to adjust temperature and airflow.
- HVAC system: The HVAC system is the heating and cooling equipment that provides conditioned air to the different zones of your home. It can be a traditional furnace and air conditioner or a heat pump system.
- Wiring and sensors: The wiring and sensors connect the various components of the zone control system and allow them to communicate with each other.
The components of a zone control system are usually installed in a mechanical room or closet, out of sight from your main living areas. The thermostats and dampers may be visible in each zone, but they are typically installed discreetly and do not take up much space. Overall, the zone control system is designed to be unobtrusive and blend in with the rest of your home’s design.
Capital’s Zone Control Services
We specialize in zone control systems installations, replacements, repairs, and maintenance. Call Capital today with any questions you may have. We totally geek out on this stuff…