Your electrical panel is the main hub of your home’s electrical system. If your panel has not been inspected in a while, there’s no way to know if it can support the current electrical demands of your home and family. Older panels can actually pose a safety threat since the risks of electrical fire increase over time.
Call Capital’s Friendly and Fully Licensed Electricians today at (414) 662-0950 and we’ll make sure you’re A-OK.
How Can I Tell If I Need An Electrical Upgrade?
You may benefit from an upgrade if any of the following apply to you:
Your electrical panel feels warm
The breaker trips regularly
Lights flicker or dim often
Your electrical panel is 20+ years old
Your panel emits a burning smell
Appliances don’t seem to run properly
You need more outlets in your home
You plan to add more appliances
If you’re tired of dealing with troublesome breaker trips or are concerned about the safety of your older electrical panel, don’t hesitate to seek the help of a professional electrician. Electrical work can be highly dangerous, so it is best to leave it to trained experts.
Why Electrical Panel Upgrades Are Important
- Increased electrical capacity: One of the main reasons for an electrical panel upgrade is to increase the electrical capacity of your home. Older electrical panels may not have sufficient capacity to handle the electrical demands of modern appliances, electronics, and technology. Upgrading to a larger panel allows for the addition of more circuits and ensures that your electrical system can handle the load without overloading or tripping breakers.
- Enhanced safety: Outdated electrical panels may not meet current safety standards or have outdated components that can pose safety risks. Electrical panel upgrades often involve installing modern panels that are equipped with advanced safety features such as circuit breakers with arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) and ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs). These safety devices help protect against electrical fires and electrical shocks, reducing the risk of accidents and injuries.
- Code compliance: Electrical codes and regulations are regularly updated to ensure the safety and reliability of electrical systems. When you upgrade your electrical panel, it is an opportunity to bring your electrical system up to code compliance. This is particularly important if you are planning to sell your property or if you want to ensure the safety and integrity of your electrical system.
- Accommodating additional electrical loads: If you plan to add new appliances, equipment, or electrical features to your home, such as a hot tub, electric vehicle charger, or home addition, you may require an electrical panel upgrade to handle the increased electrical load. Upgrading the panel results in your electrical system being able to support the new additions without overloading the circuits.
- Improved reliability: A properly sized and upgraded electrical panel reduces the risk of electrical issues such as frequent tripped breakers, flickering lights, and power outages. By distributing electrical loads effectively, an upgraded panel can enhance the overall reliability and stability of your electrical system, providing consistent power supply to all areas of your home.
- Insurance requirements: Some insurance companies require homes to have electrical systems that meet certain safety standards. An electrical panel upgrade may be necessary to fulfill these requirements and maintain your insurance coverage.
Our Capital Electricians Are Ready To Help YOU
Call us at (414) 662-0950 for 5-star electrical service today!
There’s nothing we can’t do,from installation to repair to other electrical services like whole house generator installation and installation of a wide range of Nest products.
Why Choose Capital?
Capital Heating, Cooling & Electric stands behind all our work. You are covered on the installation of your heating or cooling system by the following guarantees and more:
- Your 100% Unconditional Satisfaction Or Your Money-Back Guarantee
- 5-Year Comfort Guarantee
- Exclusive Lemon-Free Guarantee
- Lifetime Installation Components & Craftsmanship Guarantee
- Lifetime Ductwork Warranty
- And more.