Yearly, Unless You Want To End Up Saying “Ouch”
Well, how often should you have your teeth cleaned? I mean, they’re still chomping up that buttered popcorn (movie theater style of course), crisp apples and homemade toffee brittle (unless you bought it from the store because you’re not the next Martha Stewart), aren’t they? If it ain’t broke, then don’t fix it, right? Wrong. Very wrong.
Your air conditioning system is no different and needs to be cleaned every year to preserve it and keep it running efficiently. Annual check-ins of your air conditioning unit can help you find and fix small problems before they become big ones (like that “meh” tooth that ended up in a root canal…poor thing), extend the system’s life by several years and save you up to 15% a month on energy bills. You know what that means. . . more Grande, Iced Caramel Macchiato cold brews from Starbucks!
So, unless you want to end up with an air conditioning system that can no longer produce cool air and sounds like dreams being shattered (we aren’t quite sure what exactly that sounds like), then you need to get an AC tune-up every spring. Like now.
Is My Air Conditioning System Beyond Maintenance?
While it’s true that, if left unchecked, your air conditioning unit can lose 5% of its operating productivity each year, sometimes you’re throwing good money at a bad situation. Just like your old, 1972 station wagon that’s chugging along on its’ final mile, there are signs that it may be worth a look at getting a new air conditioner instead of having your existing one serviced. Like, if your AC unit was screaming “Yeah!” with Usher when his R&B hit dropped in 2004, then it might be time for an upgrade!
Don’t Try This At Home. . .We Mean It!
Okay, I know, I know, you want to Do It YOURSELF and share your success story all over Instagram. Even though we don’t recommend it, here are some things you can do if you feel compelled to impress your significant other with your “handyman” skills:
- Make sure your AC system is OFF before beginning any work.
- Don’t miss a single ounce of dust when cleaning out the debris…because we sure wouldn’t.
- Straighten the fins using a butter knife or commercially-available fin-straightening tool. Do you really want to go in and straight everyyy singleee finnn? (You can’t see it, but I’m currently yawning).
- Don’t just clean the unit, but make sure the area AROUND the AC system is spotless too.
- Clean the plugged, evaporator drain. I mean, you probably aren’t participating in spring cleaning, so will you really clean this? Doubtful.
- Try to avoid human error by making sure to turn your AC system back ON when all the work is complete.
But, in the end, you’ll still need a pro and here is why…
Who You Gonna Call? (Not Ghostbusters)
Professionals are professionals for a reason and, although we appreciate your ruthless dedication to channeling your inner Chip Gaines, we encourage you to trust us with servicing the maintenance of your air conditioning unit because we offer a multi-tier Capital Rewards Maintenance Agreement that comes with a variety of benefits, some of those being:
- Priority scheduling for severe problems and emergencies.
- Preferred pricing on all AC repair services, whether they’re emergency-based or diagnostic.
- Loyalty reward credits that can go towards further discounts.
Furthermore, our certified technicians use specialized tools and are highly-trained in servicing residential air conditioning units. Some of the services our technicians perform on your home’s AC unit include:
- Lubricate the moving parts.
- Check the electrical connections.
- Clean the blower motor (believe us, you do NOT want this baby to go).
- Clean the condenser coil.
- Check refrigerant levels.
Don’t Delay…Get In Touch With Us Today!
In addition to fewer problems, a longer life for your AC unit and saving money, AC tune-ups are the “cool” thing to do and will make you the envy of all your neighbors, and, when they come begging for your recommendation, you know who to send them to. If you want to stay calm, cool and collected in your home this season, calling Capital to check out your AC unit is a must!