Commercial HVAC Maintenance Reduces Costs
HVAC systems in most commercial buildings are responsible for 40-70% of total energy use. Keeping your geothermal heating system running correctly and at optimal efficiency is the first step in managing your facility’s energy use. Reactive maintenance is the most expensive way to maintain commercial geothermal heating systems. Businesses that have registered for a commercial maintenance plan with Capital Heating & Cooling have shown as much as a 50% reduction in their maintenance costs.
Benefits of commercial HVAC maintenance include:
- 20% more efficient operation from well-maintained equipment
- Up to a 50% decrease in energy bills
- Decreased interruptions to building operations
- Our technicians identify worn out parts before they fail (geothermal repair costs are less than replacement costs)
- Keeps manufacturer warranty valid; failure to maintain your commercial HVAC system may result in lapse of coverage
- Clean HVAC equipment results in better indoor air quality for your customers and employees
While geothermal heating systems cost more to install at your facility, the HVAC maintenance costs and frequency tends to be minimal compared to traditional commercial HVAC systems, like boilers and furnaces. However, like any mechanical systems, your geothermal heating system can develop problems if not properly maintained. In fact, 90% of commercial HVAC repairs are due to lack of maintenance.
For over a decade, Capital Heating & Cooling has performed tens of thousands of commercial HVAC tune ups for businesses throughout Wisconsin, including the most sophisticated commercial geothermal heat systems. We perform, at a very minimum, a thorough 18 point inspection that includes equipment adjustments and cleaning to ensure your geothermal heating system operates at its maximum efficiency.
Some of the most important aspects of a geothermal maintenance inspection are:
- Written inspection report. This report communicates the general condition of your geothermal HVAC system, available discounts or incentives, recommended repairs, and the maintenance work performed.
- Check operation. If your system doesn’t start properly, there’s no sense in wasting time and money on an HVAC tune up. If this is the case, a Capital Heating & Cooling technician will perform a complete system diagnostic to identify any necessary repairs and related parts.
- Check refrigerant level. Geothermal systems use a water and antifreeze mixture in the underground loop components. Operating below the ideal amount means your system isn’t running efficiently and may even have a leak.
- Check geothermal loop. The underground loops are one of the most important components of your geothermal heat system. Ensuring it’s in tact (no leaks, premature deterioration) and operating at the required pressure level is key to its efficiency.
- Clean mechanical components. During geothermal maintenance, Capital Heating & Cooling removes dirt and debris from mechanical components, like the blower motor or heat exchanger, which will lower its efficiency and potentially cause damage. It’s much easier and cheaper to clean a part than replace it down the line.
- Visually inspect ductwork. Your geothermal system relies on the structural integrity of your air ducts to keep your geothermal system functioning at maximum energy efficiency. Damaged or leaky ducts allow the warmed air to escape which means your heating system will have to run more to compensate, raising your energy consumption. Our technicians can repair small ductwork issues as part of the maintenance visit, and our in house sheet metal fabricators make it easy to repair major damage to your ductwork system. We also provide commercial air duct cleaning to remove dirt, debris, allergins or bacteria from your duct system.
- Check thermostat for proper operation. An incorrectly set or located thermostat is one of the most common reasons for an emergency heat repair call.
HVAC Maintenance Costs are Lower for Maintenance Plan Members
In addition to the significant reduction in maintenance costs, businesses that register for a commercial HVAC maintenance plan with Capital Heating & Cooling receive preferred pricing on their annual maintenance visits, discounted geothermal repair costs, waived weekend and overtime fees, and more.
We have 4 tiered commercial maintenance plans to choose from depending on your facility’s heating, cooling, and air conditioning needs.
Regardless of the symptoms your geothermal heating system is showing, Capital Heating & Cooling technicians are highly trained to troubleshoot and repair commercial geothermal HVAC systems.